Sep 8, 2012

Facebook

For a while now I have been bothered by Facebook.  I like being connected to friends, but I think it is impersonal and a little freaky.  I know there are limits you can put so the whole world can't see what you post, but I don't completely believe it.  I know the blog is the same way, but for some reason I feel it is different.  I may change my mind later.  I love posting pictures of my cute kids, pretty much that is all I do. It was nice to update the world, esp. when Riley was in the NICU.  I loved the support and comments.  In some regard I am the girl that needs that, but there is also the other side of me that is protective and afraid for my children.  I want to keep them safe.  The world is getting creepier.  I am normally not one to think this way.

I am not one that spends a lot of time looking at Facebook. I usually thumb through it while feeding Riley.  My Facebook time amounts to less than 30 minutes a day.  But, when added up, that is a lot of time.  I don't see the benefit to be updated on random information in peoples lives.  Facebook is very impersonal- if I am using Facebook to stay updated on my friends and that is the only way, I feel sad for myself.  I am the girl that likes to get on the phone or make a visit. To keep up my friendships I want to become more personal and make a better effort in showing those I love that I really do care by my actions and words.

Another reason of giving up Facebook is plainly I feel the spirit is telling me to. I know that is weird. But?!  I have been bothered by Facebook for quiet sometime.  I can't put my finger on it, but I just don't feel good about it.  I am not saying it is bad for anyone.  I have no problem having Ryan keep his up, but for some reason, for me, I feel prompted to close my account.  So, can't argue with that.  So good-bye to the digital world of Facebook'ing.

To all my friends I will still be here on my blog, one that is more personal and real.

No comments: